Wednesday 8 May 2013

John's retirement

Medway has known many disasters.

The Gillingham bus station firestorm of 1940.

The explosion of HMS Bulwark.

Mark Stinson's reign as manager of the Gills...

However, the Medway political scene has suffered a great loss. John Ward has retired from political
blogging and tweeting.

When I first started out almost three years ago the lines were very clear of blue, red and gold and John was the elder statesman and former Conservative Councillor. His opinion on things as well as his vast memory and catalogue of information and stats was respected from all sides.

To be honest I understand his decision, I too have considered it a few times recently.

John's decision is a great loss to the Medway Political scene and I will miss his input as I'm sure others will too, but he's not gone completely - check his blog out for animé and other cool things.

1 comment:

  1. Why, thank you for the kind words – much appreciated! I still re-tweet others' political contributions, at least for the moment.

    I feel that something new is coming in my life, and I first needed to clear out all this stuff because it would be like baggage I'd have to carry around with me. That could have got seriously in the way of whatever it is that God has lined up for me to do next.

    At least all that stuff of mine seems to have achieved a lot of good, and set many people thinking more and wider than they had done before, so they can take things forward in the political sphere without me.

    I think it's called 'handing over the reins'(!)

    ReplyDelete